Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Barefoot Contessa Family Style
- 1/2 pound fusilli pasta
- Olive Oil
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, medium diced
- 3/4 cup good black olives, pitted and diced (*I left these out)
- 1 pound fresh Mozzarella, medium diced
- 6 Sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
For the dressing
- 5 Sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove, diced
- 1 teaspoon Capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground Pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup packed Basil leaves, julienned
Cook the pasta in large pot of boiling salted water with a splash of olive oil. Boil for 12 minutes. Drain well and allow to cool. Place pasta in a bowl and add the tomatoes, olives, mozzarella, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
For the dressing, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, salt, and pepper in a food processor until almost smooth.
Pour the dressing over the pasta, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and basil, and toss well.