Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mama Melissa's 5 Can Soup

Fall is delightful. There's football, back to school supplies, 5 year old soccer, and of course, good, hearty soups. Being a Colorado native, I used to include "sweater weather" in the previous list but being a current resident of Dallas, where the late October temps reached the high 80s, I no longer include that particular element in my description of Fall.

One of my "other mothers" from my younger years, Mama Melissa, made a wide variety of delectable dishes including this wonderful soup. I have many memories of our families together. Many meals, fun family vacations, and a plethora of backyard moments. Serve this soup to good friends with crusty baguette and good bottle of wine. Enjoy!

Mama Melissa's 5 Can Soup

  • 15oz can chopped tomatoes
  • 28oz can crushed tomatoes
  • 15oz can seasoned black beans
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 4oz can chopped green chiles
  • Handful of frozen core
  • 1 cup of cooked chicken cut up (using the rotisserie from the deli is SUPER easy)

Combine all ingredients and simmer for a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment