Monday, November 1, 2010

Chicken Dijon = I am SORRY

I have been MIA. I regret it and I apologize. I hope we can make up and as a peace offering, I am bringing you a fabulous recipe. So good you can serve company with it and so easy you can drop it off to your friend who just had a baby!

The funny story about this recipe is that my Mom gave it to my Aunt to make. Said Aunt is not the most skilled of chefs but pulled this one off and was so pleased she gave it to my Grandma. Well ever since then, my Grandma gives the recipe out as my Aunt's! Oh the pains this has caused in our family! Ha ha ha!

Hopefully it won't pain you any so throw the ingredients on your grocery list and get ready for a great Fall dish!

Chicken Dijon
  • 1 Pick of the Chick or whole chicken cut up. ( I LOATHE cutting up a whole chicken so if you don't you're a better woman than I. You can also pick a couple pounds of your favorite pieces to use in this, whether it's thighs, drumsticks, bone in breast or what have you.)
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Paprika
  • 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
  • 1 bunch chopped Green Onion
  • 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
  • 1 can Chicken Broth
  • 1/3 cup White Wine (My parents always told me never cook with something you wouldn't drink by itself)
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
  • 3 tablespoons Flour

Wash chicken and season with salt, pepper, & paprika. Heat oil in LARGE frying pan and brown chicken on all sides. Add green onions and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix broth, wine, mustard, and flour. Whisk together. Pour grease off of chicken. Add mixture from bowl to pan. Cover and cook on low. Serve over rice or egg noodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment