Thursday, January 27, 2011

Artin's Grill

www.ArtinsGrill.com
at The Shops at Legacy

Venturing North can be scary. Especially to those of you residing South of LBJ. From the sounds of it, driving ALL THE WAY up to Legacy seems like a day trip. Not in fact true. For those of us North of LBJ but still in Dallas, Legacy is a mere 10-15 minutes up the Tollway sans traffic. And what may you ask awaits you there? Fine dining, shopping, and a little splash of urabinism breaking up the chain strip malls lining the service road from Plano to Frisco.

A number of the restaurants on Legacy are pricier than they are worth, in my opinion, with food and service equal to that of your nearby Chilis. Not a good thing friends. However, one restaurant I have visited now twice, is one I am happy to recommend to you. My fabulous husband, Mr G, and I went there last summer with friends minus children and then again last night, with family and children. The server we had last night, Kenton, far surpassed the mediocre waiter from last summer. We were there quite early (have you dined with my 16 month old?) so the restaurant was almost empty. From the hostess to the manager who opened the door for us, to our new friend Kenton, all was well.

The food was fantastic, with an eclectic menu which stayed unique without getting too weird. I strongly dislike places where everything is so weird, there is nothing to choose from. Their happy hour is worth dining early for as well, half price appetizers (spare rib nachos and shrimp taquitos, yes please) and $2 or $3 off wine, beer, and liquor. Presentation was great, food was hot, and they literally made the most magnificent macaroni and cheese for my boys and had it on the table within 7 minutes of me ordering it. No foolin. I had a delectable salad with chicken, beets, and an almond encrusted goat cheese which when I asked for a different dressing, they were happy to oblige and didn't look at me like, well, you know the look. Kenton was attentive, waived the split charge on the entree my Mom & her BF shared, and when we knew we had reached our kid-in-a-restaurant time limit, they waited to assemble Mr G's burger in a to go container until right before we left so it wouldn't get soggy. Awesomeness!!

So, put your big girl Hanky Pankys on and drive up to Legacy and stop in at Artin's. I don't know Artin personally but I bet he'll be glad you came and so will you!

No comments:

Post a Comment