Saturday, October 9, 2010

"Show him that you care, just for him..."

"... Do the things, he likes to do."

Gloria Steinem fear not! My point here housewives is that our happy husbands are pretty easy to keep happy. A male friend of mine once told me that men are simple and need three things.

One: Something good to eat.
Two: Something clean to wear.
Three: Somebody who wants to, well you know.

I believe this is absolutely true. Who wouldn't like to come home to a home cooked meal, clean laundry, and some TLC? We all would. And if you know there is something a little extra your Mister loves, than why not do that for him?! A favorite dish, a particular sporting event to watch or get tickets to, or a simple "Thank you for working so hard for our family so I can be home raising our family." We all like to be appreciated.

We should take pride in raising our families and caring for our homes! This is our career ladies! Give it 110% just like when you were in the working world. Happy Mamas & Dads are the foundation for happy kids. Try it out and see if making a little extra effort in the hubby department doesn't pay multiple dividends in other areas. My husband is a true partner and always helping whenever he can. I know I am spoiled but I also try to spoil him!

For example, at our house, it's the little things! I know Jake LOVES green chile, like the kind he grew up eating in his family's restaurant. Since the chances of me getting my hot little hands on the family recipe are slim to none and slim just left town, I have spent two years creating my own. And he loves it! He even loved the first batch which was sub-par to say the least. I think he appreciated me trying so hard. Just a little treat like that or a cherry pie sends him to the moon!

We both have chores we hate. I am sure that is true for everyone. I LOATHE emptying the dishwasher and putting gas in my car. Jake hates having to get the coffee pot ready early in the morning and would rather just push the "brew" button to get the caffeine started. Small trade offs like me getting the coffee ready the night before and him gassing my car are wonderful.

One more tidbit and then I will send you off into the husband world as a peacemaker and diplomat! We are OBSESSED Denver Bronco fans. The whole crew: husband, wife, 5 year old, and 1 year old (getting these boys started off right). So during football season, I make it a point to plan nothing on Sundays during game time if at all possible. A nice day doing something he (and the rest of us) enjoy gives him some reprieve and shows appreciation.

So, if you feel that I've sold my soul and identity to June Cleaver and Carol Brady, then you don't know me very well. You don't know how important it is for me to do the absolute best job I can all day, every day for my family. This isn't something we have to do in my opinion. It's something we are BLESSED to be able to do. I know it's hard sometimes when you wonder if you've talked to any other adults all day and suddenly 7pm comes around and you don't know why it feels like 11pm. But they are worth it and so are you. Give your hubby those three things he needs and I know you'll be paid back in a plethora of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment