Friday, October 15, 2010

Ali at Mina's Salon

Ali
Mina's Salon
The Shops at Willow Bend
www.minassalon.com

When my sister moved back to Colorado, we were all sad for a variety of reasons. One of the top ten for sure is that she is an amazing hair colorist. And while she will only do color for the rest of you, being her one and only beloved sister, she also cuts my hair! Little bit of bragging here. But you Coloradoans are in luck while her absence is our misfortune!

Going sans-color recently, all I needed was a trim. Trying to make it until our trip home for the holidays had me fearful Crystal Gayle would call and want her ponytail back. So... I had noticed a small salon carrying Kerastase products, the BEST, at Willow Bend. My sis assured me I would be safe in the chair of another, especially since my hair is all one length and straight as a board. I called mid-afternoon in the middle of the week and not only did they get me in, they got me in that night. At 7PM!!! How beautiful is that?!? Come to find out Mina's is open 7 days a week and stays open late too!

Ali answered the phone when I made the appointment and upon my arrival I was greeted very nicely by two other stylist, one of which was his son, and then he arrived within 5 minutes. Ali, who happens to be the owner, was so gracious I just had to pass his information on to you. I can't speak of his color technique but his cut was great, conservative and he checked in with me regularly to make sure it was to my liking. He was so pleasant and warm with no trace of creepiness. Pricing was quite reasonable and he never pushed product sales on me.

All in all, a great choice. So, give ALI at MINA'S SALON in The Shops At Willow Bend a shout. He couldn't be nicer and it's not the hair factory you see in so many salon windows these days. He's local, he's great, and he deserves your business. Tell him Austin sent you!


No comments:

Post a Comment